Moments after acknowledging the iOS 5 battery life issue, Apple has released iOS 5.0.1 Beta 1 to developers.
- Fixes bugs affecting battery life
- Adds Multitasking Gestures for original iPad
- Resolves bugs with Documents in the Cloud
- Improves voice recognition for Australian users using dictation
- Contains security improvements
It's nice to see, amongst other things, that Marco Arment's concern for Instapaper may well have been addressed in this update, also:
iOS 5.0.1 beta introduces a new way for developers to specify files that should remain on device, even in low storage situations.